the second warning extended to pregnant women and persons at risk

On the advice of scientific authorities, the government is extending the administration of a second booster dose in an “epidemiological context that remains of concern”.

The government has decided to extend the administration of a second booster dose of the anti-Covid vaccine to pregnant women to those under the age of 60.in danger» and to those who live in the wake of weak people.

On the advice of the scientific authorities (Haute Autorité de Santé and Orientation Council for Vaccination Strategy), she made this decision in a “continued concern epidemiological context with highly contagious variants“, said Wednesday, July 20, the Ministry of Health.

SEE ALSO – Monkeypox: France extends vaccination to the most vulnerable categories

Five million people affected

The government has decided to extend the second recallnow for adults aged 18-60 who have been identified as being at risk of severe forms of Covid, pregnant women and those living with vulnerable or immunocompromised people‘ he said at a press conference. This extension affects around five million people, bringing the number of French people entitled to this second booster shot to around 17 million. Previously, only people over 60 and immunocompromised people had access to it, or about 12 million eligible people. Of these, approximately 4 million received a second booster dose. This additional booster vaccination is possible from three months after the 1st booster vaccination for the weakest (over 80 years old, nursing home residents, severely immunocompromised). For others, it can be given six months after the first booster dose.

And “In case of infection between the first and the second booster vaccination, we can do a second booster vaccination three months after the infection‘ said the Ministry of Health. Asked if the government plans to offer a second warning to the general population in the autumn, the ministry replied:Definitely not“.”Today there is no likely scenario that would extend the second recall to everyone, although we must remain cautious“, he said. He also provided the figures for vaccinations with the vaccine from the American laboratory Novavax, based on classic technology. “We expected significant numbers, we didn’t see that‘ the ministry admitted. “Only 28,000 doses of this vaccine have been injected since March, very few, but it remains a useful vaccine‘ he judged.


SEE ALSO – Covid: “The government has no intention of reducing the pressure on the population”

Leave a Comment